Zona Artigianale Nord 5
39040 Ora (BZ) Italia
Tel. +39 0471 054667
In order to install fire doors properly, the enclosed installation instructions must first be read carefully. It contains detailed explanations for each installation situation. Further information can be found in the DIN 18093 standard, which regulates the installation of fire doors.
1. the frame, as corner, block or perimeter frame, is connected to the wall by means of a dowel assembly.
2. the corner frame is pushed into the wall through the wall opening, the anchor straps are folded out and anchored to the wall with dowels and screws.
3. the prescribed façade plugs must be drilled into the wall without hammering, otherwise the frame may come loose in case of fire.
4. In addition, DIN 18093 stipulates that the frame of a fire door must be backfilled with mortar. The frame must be spread before backfilling so that the installation position cannot change.
5. no mortar is required for block frames of steel fire doors, as these are backfilled with mineral wool at the factory.
This also reduces the assembly time by half.
Since there is no need to wait for curing, several frames can be installed one after the other.
6. the push-through anchor installation further reduces the installation time. This is used in masonry, concrete and in timber framework.
7. with tubular frame elements, the matching assembly foam fills the wall opening with a joint.
8. When installing in walls or concrete with a corner block or perimeter frame, the joint can be sealed with silicone on both sides.
9. If fire doors are to have other functions such as smoke protection, burglary protection or sound insulation, further steps must be taken into account.
To achieve smoke tightness of the door, floor seals and sealing wedges must be used.
The sound insulation values are only achieved if the connection has been perfectly executed. Special attention must be paid to the installation of the individual components such as the floor sinking seal, frame seal and backfilling of the wall connection.